Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Month, New Start!



Ok, so I did it. I am determined to start of this new month of February, 2010 the right way. Last week, I started reading a book for my Communications Class in school titled "Looking In, Looking Out" by Ronald B. Adler and Russell F. Procter II.

In it I am learning not only how to become a better communicator but also it's giving me a few psychological lessons. It says that we pre-program our days. If we start the day out thinking it will go all bad, then it will.

However, if you start the day on a positive note, usually it will be that way. I tested this theory yesterday. On Sunday Jan 31st, I set my alarm for 5:00 a.m. pst, the next day. I said to myself, tomorrow I will wake up early, workout by 7:00 am and get as much done as possible.

I also said, I won't play on the internet while at work, even though I do work from home. No Facebook or Tweeting. I also said I would meditate 5 minutes before my workday started. I did it! I did everything I set my mind to do.

I plan on continuing this plan for 21 days. I want to make these things a habit and since to make or break a habit takes 21 days, well I have no choice. My goal is to look like this in the future:



My husband would say, that's a pretty good goal if you ask me. I bet! = )

Today is day 2, I did it again! Got up at 5:00 am, ok well more like 5:30 am and then yes, I worked out!

I did my zen thing and meditated. The day looks great so far! Tune in tomorrow for an update! Zennnnnn, Zennnnn......

Before I forget, my daughter got a puppy from my childhood friend, Margie about 2 weeks ago. He is a poodle mix. She called him "Oso", which means bear in Spanish. He is the cutest thing ever! I took him to my friends pet grooming company in Tracy, California called "Decadent Pets"! She did an awesome job with my daughters doggie.

Here is his before pic:



Here is his After:



Thank you Margie for Oso and thank you Jeannie! You guys did a great job grooming him! Her Pet Grooming company is located at:
2302 East Street in Tracy, CA

They also provide food for pets of any folks who are currently unemployed and unable to provide for their pets. To Donate Food call 209-834-8067 for more info- Help us to keep feeding pets in need.

For more information on Decadent Pets:
http://twitter.com/DecadentPets
or
http://www.myspace.com/decadentpets

What are your goals for February 2010? Whatever you do, do it great!

Well, that's it for now. Until next time my friends. Tata, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment