Monday, June 14, 2010

Rocky Roads Lead to Calm Waters



Rocky Roads Lead To Calm Waters, by Sandra Aguirre-Herrera

I wanted to take the opportunity to congratulate my daughter "Anna Maricella Rodriguez" for her upcoming graduation. What better way to celebrate this then to write about it in my blog!

I address my daughter as "Maricella", always have and always will. That is her middle name and nickname for the family. She was born in September 1986 and I was only 14. I turned 15, only 15 days after her birthday! I knew from the beginning we were both faced with faced with challenges.

I knew from the moment you were born Maricella that my life would never be the same! I never imagined however what a wild ride we would both be on for the rest of our lives!


I would not trade a moment I have had you in my life for anything in this world! You were and have always been one of the princesses in my life. You will always be that in my eyes.







I know that the road has not always been easy for us and especially for you. There have been times I am sure that you felt you were carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders or in your arms.








I never doubted you for one moment because you had the makings of success since you were little. The signs were all there!




I know that you have come through so many hard times and rocky roads and the road may have obstacles, but I know that just like when you were little, you will overcome them successfully!





not every obstacle or ride will be as easy or as fun as when you were a kid,

Just know that you have family and friends who love you and believe in you! We know that just like you overcame your life obstacles and challenges, you will succeed in all you do! We are so very proud of you Maricella! We know that this is not the first success or only success for you in your life but the first of many to come! Therefore, go ahead, jump in feet first into all your future challenges, like when you were a kid!



We love you, congratulations and we are very proud of you! Remember after that long rocky road you just traveled, you have reached the calm waters, so enjoy it mija!



There is nothing you have not been able to do and nothing you won't be able to do in your future! Once you set your mind to it, you succeed and that is all that matters! Just don't ever forget that if you stumble and fall along the way, you have family and friends like us who love you and will pick you up and help you keep going on your path.





"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do - Author Unknown"

1 comment:

  1. AWW TEAR TEAR!! NICE BLOG MOM, CONGRATS TO MY SIS. I LOVE U CHELA!!

    MARIANA

    ReplyDelete